Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Out of town

I'm horrible at picking times to start blogs. I seem to try to do it when I have quite enough going on, thankyouverymuch. So, a week after starting this one, I took off for a 6 week leave-of-absence to Utah. I would say "vacation", but, well, it's not. My MIL is a bit of a clean freak. Okay, so she's actually probably just normal for Utah, but Utah moms are a step closer to Stepford than the rest of the country. And, well, I've just never fit in. I mean, I don't live in squalor or anything, but I'm a-okay with stepping around toys and books to get to the kitchen, instead of cleaning up the toys all time.

So, anyway, I'm on non-vacation, since I don't get to forget about cleaning and laundry, but I'm trying to take as much time as possible to knit. That's not nearly as much as I'd like because every time I sit down with the needles, a Catie mysteriously appears in my lap. Apparently, she wants to knit. Today, I got some Foamie beads for the kids, and gave them yarn with plastic needles. Noah took it very seriously, but Catie got bored quickly, and began chewing the beads like gum..... Whatever. I got to knit for 42 minutes.


No comments: