Monday, June 18, 2007

How I lost 2 lbs in one jog

With the encouragement of a few friends who are doing the same, I am attempting the Couch to 5K program. This evening was wonderful -- about 60 degrees, clear, a lovely perfect day to be outside. I pulled on my new tennis shoes and took off. About halfway through, I decided to jog on the sidewalk through a park that's just being built. And a few yards around the path, I realized there was machinery parked on the walkway, and mounds of fresh dark dirt on each side of me. No problem, I am a runner now! I can run over the dirt and continue on the other side of the path!

I run over the dirt, dark with water I realize, and through the grass back to the walkway. I feel lighter, freer, like a weight has been taken from me!

And then, slowly, I realize why.

My shoes stayed stuck in the mud. I waded back to them, and pulled them out of the muck, walked in my socks to a bench, turned my socks inside out, and put the shoes back on. Back to my jog, a little dirtier, but no worse for wear. So much for my nice clean new shoes....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ROFLOL

Unknown said...

Heeheehee!! Cute story :) Sorry about the muddy shoes but now they look nice and broken in :)